“The scope of a forensic analysis can vary from simple information retrieval to reconstructing a series of events.”
– Wikipedia, Computer forensics
Forensic Data Recovery
Forensic data recovery, or evidence recovery, is the art and science of retrieving information from a computer, cell phone, or any electronic media that has been deleted, damaged, hidden or lost. In most cases THE EVIDENCE IS STILL THERE, ready to find.
In contrast, forensic science is the art and application of science for the purpose of answering questions for a legal system or in the legal realm.
Our company’s expertise in magnetic media storage devices can play a crucial role. Federal Rules of Evidence apply. We keep an accurate audit trail which means we log the media in our data-base as well as manually. This record, suitable for all legal proceedings, accompanies the media throughout the recovery process. WDR ensures the continuity of evidence by adding the investigator’s name, signature, date and a detailed description of what was done throughout the recovery process.
We replicate the media exactly through a bit-by-bit acquisition process, ensuring the integrity of the subject media is intact, and evidence preserved. Our specialists then work only with duplicate copies ensuring that no contamination of the original data takes place.
Finding Evidence On a Computer, Device or Other Media
When someone tries to destroy or remove evidence, their efforts are likely inadequate. If you need the evidence, it may make sense to include a forensic data recovery expert.
There is an art to recovering information when files are deleted or a drive is formatted.
Western Data Recovery is confident our forensic analysts can get the evidence you need from a device that has been “cleaned”. As authorized private investigators, our relationship is 100% private. We retrieve the stored evidence in a lawful manner and ensure privacy.
- Deleted computer files
- Data found, even after a hard drive is reformatted or repartitioned
- In many cases, decrypted encrypted files
- Web sites visited
- List of files downloaded
- Examination of when files were last accessed or deleted
- Discover attempts to conceal or destroy evidence
- Discover of attempts to fabricate evidence
- Find hidden text removed from the final printed version of a document
- Discover hidden photos, documents, programs revealing illicit activities
- Discover email messages and attachments even if previously deleted
We are one of a mere handful of companies worldwide that specialize in the restoration and retrieval of computer data. Our specialists can recover data from virtually any medium including:
- Desktop Computers
- Laptop Computers
- Compact Disks, DVDs
- MicroSD, phone cards, special media cards
- Flash Drives
- Portable Storage Devices
- All Manner of Digital Camera Storage Cards
- RAID Sets | Servers
- SSD, hybrid drives
- Smart Phones, Tablets
- Digital phone systems(VOIP), answering machines, various recording media
Financial Record Recovery
- Analysis of Computers and Data in Criminal Investigations
- Onsite Seizure of Computer Data in Criminal Investigations
- Analysis of Computers and Data in Civil Litigation
- Onsite seizure of Computer Data in Civil Litigation
- Analysis of Company Computers to Determine Employee Activity
- Assistance in Preparing Electronic Discovery Requests
- Reporting in a Comprehensive and Readily Understandable Manner
- Computer Forensics on Both PC and Mac Platforms