“Forensic techniques and expert knowledge are used to explain the current state of a digital artifact, such as a computer system, storage medium (e.g. hard disk or CD-ROM), or an electronic document (e.g. an email message or JPEG image). The scope of a forensic analysis can vary from simple information retrieval to reconstructing a series of events.”Wikipedia, Computer forensics
Forensic Data Recovery
Forensics is the art and application of sciences for the purpose of answering questions for a legal system or in the legal realm. In most cases THE EVIDENCE IS STILL THERE, waiting to be found.
Forensic Data Recovery, or Evidence Recovery, is the art and science of recovering information from a computer, cell phone, or any electronic media that has been deleted, damaged, hidden or lost.
Our company’s expertise in magnetic media storage devices can play a crucial role. Federal Rules of Evidence apply. An accurate audit trail is kept. The media is logged both in our data-base and manually. This record, suitable for all legal proceedings, accompanies the media throughout the recovery process. WDR will then ensure the continuity of evidence by adding the investigator’s name, signature, date and a detailed description of what was done throughout the recovery process.
The media is replicated exactly through a bit-by-bit acquisition process, ensuring the integrity of the subject media is intact, and evidence preserved. Our specialists then work only with duplicate copies ensuring that no contamination of the original data takes place.
Finding Evidence On a Computer, Device or Other Media
When someone tries to destroy or remove evidence, their efforts are likely inadequate. If you need the evidence, it may make sense to include a forensic data recovery expert.
There is an art to recovering information when files are deleted or a drive is formatted.
Western Data Recovery is confident our forensic analysts can get the evidence you need from a device that has been “cleaned”. As authorized private investigators, our relationship is 100% private. We retrieve the stored evidence in a lawful manner and ensure privacy.
- Recovery of deleted computer files
- Recovered data even after a hard drive has been reformatted or repartitioned
- In many cases encrypted files can be decrypted
- Discovery of web sites that have been visited
- Examination of what files have been downloaded
- Examination of when files were last accessed of when files were deleted
- Discovery of attempts to conceal or destroy evidence
- Discovery of attempts to fabricate evidence
- Discovery of hidden text that was removed from the final printed version of a document
- Discovery of hidden photos, documents, programs revealing illicit activities
- Discovery of email messages and attachments even if previously deleted
We are one of a mere handful of companies worldwide that specialize in the restoration and retrieval of computer data. Our specialists can recover data from virtually any medium including:
- Desktop Computers
- Laptop Computers
- Compact Disks, DVDs
- MicroSD, phone cards, special media cards
- Flash Drives
- Portable Storage Devices
- All Manner of Digital Camera Storage Cards
- RAID Sets | Servers
- SSD, hybrid drives
- Smart Phones, Tablets
- Digital phone systems(VOIP), answering machines, various recording media
Financial Record Recovery
- Analysis of Computers and Data in Criminal Investigations
- Onsite Seizure of Computer Data in Criminal Investigations
- Analysis of Computers and Data in Civil Litigation
- Onsite seizure of Computer Data in Civil Litigation
- Analysis of Company Computers to Determine Employee Activity
- Assistance in Preparing Electronic Discovery Requests
- Reporting in a Comprehensive and Readily Understandable Manner
- Computer Forensics on Both PC and Mac Platforms